The B1 Thruster assembly includes the thruster body, valves, and control electronics. The thruster body is additively manufactured as a single structure using Inconel 718 and includes the injector, combustion chamber, and nozzle. Health monitoring instrumentation includes an integrated and isolated thermocouple and chamber pressure sensor. With standard data and power interfaces, thrusters are easy to command and operate.
Available in a variety of form factors, the B1 Thruster is currently used in the following arrangements within Dawn systems:
- One thruster in the center of Dawn’s single-thruster CubeSat Propulsion Modules.
- Four thrusters, mounting in each corner of Dawn’s four-thruster CubeSat Propulsion Modules.
- Eight thrusters on a single system positioned to allow for full 6-axis spacecraft control.
- A modular building block for customized propulsion systems, with absolute freedom on positioning and mounting.
- Hit: 12 W (for 50 ms)
- Hold: 0.8 W
- Igniter: 9 W (for 50 ms)
- Dawn Aerospace
- Based in New Zealand, the Netherlands, and the United States, Dawn Aerospace is a space transportation company building non-toxic satellite propulsion systems and same-day reusable launch vehicles. Non-toxic, high-performance, and turn-key propulsion systems for CubeSats, ESPA, and ESPA-Grande satellites. For small satellites, they simplify systems and replace the poisonous and highly-regulated fuel, hydrazine. For CubeSats, they increase capabilities by supplying 1,000x higher performance than electric-based propulsion systems. Same-day Reusable Launch Vehicles that do not require specialized space-launch infrastructure, integrate with everyday aircraft in nearby airspace and launch as often and routinely as commercial aviation. By building these technologies in tandem, Dawn is creating the end-to-end architecture required for delivering, positioning, and returning spacecraft in a highly scalable and environmentally conscious way.
Vendor Request for Information Form
Based in New Zealand, the Netherlands, and the United States, Dawn Aerospace is a space transportation compan…View all products